An inspector must immediately issue a certificate of swimming pool barrier non-compliance if:
- the barrier is not capable of being made compliant or the owner is unlikely to bring the barrier into compliance with the applicable barrier standard within 60 days
- the non-compliance of the barrier poses a significant and immediate risk to life or safety
- the barrier is non-compliant in any of the following ways:
- a door or gate, when closed, is able to be opened by a person who is unable to reach the opening mechanism for that door or gate
- a door or gate forming part of the barrier is unable to be completely closed
- any part of the barrier is less than one metre in height, measured above ground level from the approach side.